A Confident Caring Approach to Crisis
Caring Dads Program
What is Caring Dads?
Through 17 sessions fathers will...
- Develop skills to cope in healthy ways with frustrating situations
- Understand how different fathering strategies and choices affect children.
- Increase their awareness of controlling, abusive, and neglectful attitudes and behaviours.
- Be provided with strategies to strengthen the father-child relationship
The Caring Dads group program runs once a week for 17 weeks. This group offers...
- A unique opportunity for men to connect as fathers
- A combination of active group discussions, exercises, and homework
Facts about fathering:
Fathers can and want to be a positive influence in the lives of their children.
Positively involved fathers enhance their children's academic, personal and social development.
Unfortunately, fathers can also have a negative impact on their children.
This occurs when fathers:
- Do not understand the feelings and needs of their children
- Harshly discipline their children.
- Argue frequently with their children's mothers.
- Use abusive and controlling behavior.
Do you sometimes feel so angry at your child that you feel like blowing up?
Are you concerned that your relationship with your child is not as close as you hoped it would be?
Do you sometimes wonder how well you know your child?
Sometimes are you concerned about the level of discipline that you seem to need to keep your child in line?
In Grande Prairie The Caring Dads Program is funded by the Government of Alberta Safe Communities innovation funds Eligibility is determined during a required screening interview. We accept referrals from individuals and from other organizations.There is no fee for this program.
Grande Prairie Alberta